There are many different ways, both big and small, that you can save and making sure your home is energy efficient is one of them. The things you can do include smaller everyday things such as making sure to turn lights off when leaving a room to bigger expenditures that will pay for themselves in the long run such as getting UPVC doors installed in your house.Here’s a look at things you can do both around and in the house to save money and be more energy efficient.
- Make sure your home is insulated well including both the roof and walls.
- Don’t leave all those electronic appliances in your house on standby. Turn those TVs, digi-boxes, DVD players and video game consoles off
- When charging your mobile phone or laptop, if there is a light on or it’s warm then it is most likely using electricity. Make sure to unplug them when they are fully charged.
- UPVC double glazed windows can greatly reduce your energy bills and help keep the cold out during the winter and reduce the amount of time your central heating is on.
- When making a cup of tea, only boil the kettle with the amount of water that you actually need.
- UPVC doors also help to insulate your house both from cold and also damp.
- Try not to leave fridge and freezer doors open for long as they use more energy to cool down again.
- Wash your clothes at 30 degrees instead of 40 when using a washing machine.
If you are looking for UPVC doors in Surrey then South Coast Windows can help with doors, windows and conservatories.